Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meet Tracie

Meet Tracie:


Tracie has been my cousin since she was born. HA! I have jokes! We have a HUGE family and for whatever reason, we were never really close or talked all that much. Maybe it was the slight age difference or reasons out of our control. Who knows! Through a series of events, we connected again. It's so funny to say that because we live like 15 minutes from each other. I just cannot thank the Lord enough for our "reunion".

Things have been a little stressful for me lately. Tracie and I email frequently, okay scratch that. We email ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. Except for Sunday's when we see each other at church (when I manage to get up and make it). Anyway...Tracie has become a huge confidant for me. She's a great listener, a great motivator, a huge source of support and just very caring. I talked to her about some things and a week or so later I came home and found this: Through our conversations, she managed to put together a gift from her heart to cheer me up. Scrapbook paper so I can scrapbook and glue to put the pictures on the scrapbook paper. Cinnamon disks because I'm addicted to them. Sharpie's because I'm addicted to those too. A prayer journal, and a candle. Last but not least the WW cakes so I could "have my cake and eat it too". I read the card, and cried and read the card again, and cried (you get the picture). Through many things that happened that week, I was humbled. I know that I am a lucky girl.

I'm so lucky to know that even when I'm beating myself up, or stressed beyond all get out, there are people that love me and support me. There are people who want nothing but the best for me. I have a wonderful support system starting with my savior Jesus, an amazing husband, then Tracie, other aunts and cousins and other friends. WHY AM I SO SAD? Sure, I may not have everything that I want right at this moment, but I think God is trying to make me see a bigger picture.

I've tried a 90 day challenge before and I got no where. But, I really feel like I'm in a different place now. I'm ready to move on and let go of all the unnecessary baggage. Over the next six months, I am really going to surrender to God and seek His face, and get myself healthy. Emotionally and physically. I want to drown myself in His word and really delight myself in Him.
I'm humbled that the Lord has brought me to a place of surrender, and allowing me to acknowledge all of His blessings in my life. I'm a lucky girl!!!

Thank You Tracie! I love you!


1 comment:

The Kinards! said...

AWWW! That was SO sweet and thoughtful of her! I love Tracie too, and we've gotten close lately! Ya'll have a great family! Keep your head up girl, I hope to see you soon!! xoxo- Amy